- To discover the timeless sanctity of the vocation of fatherhood.
- To be taught and to teach the meaning of authentic fatherhood.
- To supply for the spiritual, familial or financial needs of our fellow fathers.
- To learn how to become an authentic father by becoming children of the Father. To become leaders who serve by following the Servant and Master Who leads.
- To immerse ourselves in the timeless wisdom, fatherly example and person of St. Joseph, the son of the Father and father of the Son.
- To learn how to encourage and edify our families in their pursuit of personal sanctity.
- To learn how to honor and cherish the dignity of our wives and all women by overcoming lust by means of receiving the redemptive power of Christ.
Protect the Dignity of Woman
As Joseph refused to expose Mary to shame so too we will become successful fathers by becoming guardians of the dignity and value of woman.
Become Icons of the Trinity
The Holy Family became the first domestic church, an icon of the inner love or family life of the Trinity. As fathers we will strive to erect the domestic sanctuary and assist our family in becoming an icon of the life of the Trinity.
Assume Charitable Authority
As fathers made in the image of the Father, we accept our position of ‘charitable authority’ over our household and like Joseph, the hidden Son of David – an underground king – we acknowledge our hidden kingship over our family.
Spiritually Adopt Our Children
We are not mere biological fathers but rather choose to ‘spiritually adopt’ our children and commit ourselves to the fatherly experiences of ‘protecting, feeding and teaching’ and by means of these experiences grow in understanding of our dependence upon the generosity of God the Father.
Work as Expression of Love
Working side by side with our children, we will teach them the art of self-giving love. Like Joseph and Jesus who crafted the cross of self-giving love within the workshop at Nazareth, by means of work, we will provide our children the necessary materials to build the temple of the Holy Spirit – which they are.